Allocation Of Property
Division Of Property In Your Illinois Divorce
Aside from child custody and visitation matters, how assets and debts should be divided is a commonly disputed issue in divorce. Whether you have millions in assets or more modest net worth, you should have an attorney on your side who will work rigorously to protect your financial interests.
Clear Counsel And Advocacy Aligned With Your Important Financial Goals
Illinois law provides for equitable division of property in divorce. It is important to realize that this does not always mean an equal, “down-the-middle” split. At Self & Russelburg, LTD., a family law firm with offices in Yorkville and Aurora, we strive to help our clients set realistic expectations and pursue sound strategies to achieve fair financial outcomes in divorce. We have the knowledge and resources to:
- Bring in other highly qualified professionals — such as accountants and experts in valuation of property and business interests — as needed and desired by the client to ensure we have an accurate picture of all considerations in the case
- Coordinate our strategy in regard to property division with your objectives regarding child custody, spousal maintenance and other issues
- Help you seek your nonmarital property, if applicable, such as a family inheritance or certain other assets that could be identified as nonmarital property
- Dissipation issues
- Evaluate the complex calculations and take the necessary steps for division of retirement accounts, pensions, investment accounts and other complex assets
- Determine the validity and enforceability of a prenuptial agreement
A Rigorous Approach To Dividing Assets In Divorce
Planning for life after divorce is difficult under any circumstances. It is vital to work with a lawyer you can trust to seek the best possible property settlement for you, with your specific goals and concerns in view every step of the way.
For the focused, resourceful legal representation you need in Kendall County, Kane County, DuPage County, LaSalle County or elsewhere in our service area, please call 630-553-4567 or 630-897-5553 and schedule a consultation at a time that works for you.